- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Queens, New York
- Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
- Company: Empire Fasteners, LLC
Empire is looking for an entrepreneurially minded professional ready to play a significant role in a dynamic and demanding sales environment. The candidate will be responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with the firm’s corporate clientele.
Empire Fasteners, LLC (“Empire”) is a nationally recognized fastener distributor located in Long Island City, New York. While the company has continued to grow since 1969, our focus has remained the same, giving our aerospace and commercial customers exceptional service by maintaining a large inventory of standard and non-standard hardware.
Providing assigned and new accounts with continuous customer care
Working within a highly supportive, team oriented environment, the candidate will be responsible for identifying, attracting, and closing new business from multiple sources. The Specialist will interact with prospective clients via phone/email and at industry conferences and is expected to build strong relationships with Empire’s current clients while performing customary sales activities. Some of these activities include the following but are not limited to:
- New sales and renewal inventory purchasing support
- Identification of new business opportunities
- Liaising with senior management and Principals
- Processing and invoicing client orders in line with client requirements and industry standards
- Maintaining accurate client account information
- Monitoring client activity, interacting with them
- Recording and communicating client feedback and knowledge on internal proprietary client-related systems
- Manage key, strategic client relations projects including CRM (Salesforce) rollout
- 5 years experience with exposure to sales/marketing work preferred
- Demonstrated ability to be highly organized and self-motivated
- Outstanding people skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness to take initiative and work as part of a small team
- Desire to make progress on an ambitious career path
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office is a must
- Bachelor’s degree. Coursework in marketing highly desirable
- More junior candidates could be considered with strong qualifications and prior experience in a closely related role
- Desire to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
Compensation will be competitive based upon experience. There is potential for compensation to be aligned with the firm’s success (commission on top of salary).
Equal Opportunity Statement
Empire Fasteners is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.